( Chicken Adobo in Coconut Milk )
- 1 Kilo Whole chicken (cut into parts) or choice cuts of breasts, thighs or wings.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soysauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 head garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 pcs. chili pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk (first squeeze)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorn
- In a deep skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Add salt, soysauce, peppercorn, garlic and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, lower the fire and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- When it gets too dry just add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and let simmer until chicken becomes tender.
- Pour coconut milk and chilli pepper.
- Cook for a few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve hot.